Civic groups want to preserve colonial-era artifacts at Queens Plaza site
The Greater Astoria Historical Society and several other groups would like to see the stones, once part of a gristmill that dates back to the 1650s, removed and safely stored away.
But the Dutch Kills Civic Association thinks they should stay where they are until the city hires experts to determine if they are sturdy enough to move.
Right now, the millstones are caught in the middle of a major Queens Plaza renovation project. One has been removed and is sitting in a construction site, while the other is partially covered by a temporary fence.
comments powered by Disqus
sell mbt masai shoes - 11/24/2009
The mbt walk shoes is part of mbt usa the new line scarpe mbt of mbt shoes which run slightly narrower, and have a slightly different feel. Women mbt shoes have all the benefits of the other styles like encouraging you to carry your weight more efficiently.This cheap mbt shoes help improve posture, reuce back pain, and alleviate joint pressure. http://www.mbtshoessale.com/
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar