Twenty years after Berlin, Palestinians crack Israel's wallBreaking News
During a weekly protest against the barrier, which cuts through the Ramallah-area village's center and isolates residents from 60 percent of their farmland, some 300 demonstrators methodically dismantled a concrete section before Israeli forces opened fire...
... "Twenty years ago, no one imagined that the monstrosity that divided Berlin would ever be taken down, but it took only two days to do it," participant Muhib Hawaja told the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.
"Today we proved that we too can pull it off, right here and right now. That is our land beyond the barrier, and we have no intention of ceding it. We will triumph because justice is on our side," he added.
comments powered by Disqus
Donald Wolberg - 11/11/2009
Of course wallas a re constructed to keep in or keep out. The Berlin Wall owed its origin to the failures of the communist state of East Germany and its real owner, the rotted Soviet Union. East Germans risked death to flee to the West and freedom and opportunity. Unfortunately Israel needs walls to protect its citizens aginst a violence and terror of that is ingrained and a seemingly necessasry component of the local Arab population. Of course many of that population would wish that the criminals in its midst were gone, but ehy remain. Of course many in that population would wish that Israel did not exist, but would not commit criminal act to kill innocents. So, there are walls that are necessary and just, and walls that are not; the walls in Israel are just.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”