CNSNews Questions White House Official's Praise for MaoBreaking News
When questioned last week after a video of her speech surfaced, however, Dunn said she was using “irony” in reference to Mao. A leading expert on China told CNSNews.com that Dunn’s remarks were “pathetic,” given the human rights atrocities committed under Mao’s reign.
As first shown on Fox News Channel’s “Glenn Beck” show on Thursday, Oct. 15, in the video Dunn told graduating high school students that Mao and Mother Teresa, the Catholic nun known for aiding the poor, were examples of people who did not give up, and did their own thing to make a difference in the world.
comments powered by Disqus
Jeremy Alan Perron - 11/10/2009
Sorry, but what was the joke exactly? I read that the White House stated that the context was off but did not say what the context was.
Jonathan Dresner - 11/8/2009
She was kidding, you humorless drone.
Jeremy Alan Perron - 11/8/2009
Maybe but White House officals should not be giving praise to Mao.
Jonathan Dresner - 10/21/2009
The "leading expert" they cite is someone whose anti-communist perspective constitutes a pathological bias, and the article then cites his Black Book of Communism -- which uses absurd mathematical and ahistorical tricks to inflate the death tolls of Soviet and Chinese society, downplay Nazi atrocities and implicitly ignores non-Communist political violence -- as if it were a separate source, rather than essentially the same thing.
It would be interesting to get some actual Chinese scholars to comment, but that wouldn't have fit the bias of the article.
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools