CNSNews Questions White House Official's Praise for MaoBreaking News
When questioned last week after a video of her speech surfaced, however, Dunn said she was using “irony” in reference to Mao. A leading expert on China told CNSNews.com that Dunn’s remarks were “pathetic,” given the human rights atrocities committed under Mao’s reign.
As first shown on Fox News Channel’s “Glenn Beck” show on Thursday, Oct. 15, in the video Dunn told graduating high school students that Mao and Mother Teresa, the Catholic nun known for aiding the poor, were examples of people who did not give up, and did their own thing to make a difference in the world.
comments powered by Disqus
Jeremy Alan Perron - 11/10/2009
Sorry, but what was the joke exactly? I read that the White House stated that the context was off but did not say what the context was.
Jonathan Dresner - 11/8/2009
She was kidding, you humorless drone.
Jeremy Alan Perron - 11/8/2009
Maybe but White House officals should not be giving praise to Mao.
Jonathan Dresner - 10/21/2009
The "leading expert" they cite is someone whose anti-communist perspective constitutes a pathological bias, and the article then cites his Black Book of Communism -- which uses absurd mathematical and ahistorical tricks to inflate the death tolls of Soviet and Chinese society, downplay Nazi atrocities and implicitly ignores non-Communist political violence -- as if it were a separate source, rather than essentially the same thing.
It would be interesting to get some actual Chinese scholars to comment, but that wouldn't have fit the bias of the article.
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- How the Primaries are Rigged Against Sanders
- Carson Sees Fundraising Resurgence
- Trump Has GOP Mega Donors Frozen
- Quote of the Day
- Top GOP Candidates Haven’t Released Tax Returns
- Trump Attack Ads Finally Begin
- Super PACs Gear Up for Clinton
- Cruz App Mines Data from Your Phone
- Trump Way Ahead in South Carolina
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges