Drunk Boris Yeltsin was found outside White House in underpants trying to hail cab reveals Clinton
The following night he was mistaken for a drunken intruder when he was discovered stumbling around the basement of his guest house by secret service agents.
The drunken behaviour of Yeltsin, who was known for his fondness for vodka and died two years ago aged 76, were revealed by former US president Bill Clinton.
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 9/23/2009
An obvious question is whether Ted Kennedy was involved, perhaps egging the old Russian on. Can you imagine the stink this would cause if George Bush had made this stupid revelation and where's the stink one expects when secret service agents divulge such information? This might be the silliest article ever published on HNN.
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences