Drunk Boris Yeltsin was found outside White House in underpants trying to hail cab reveals Clinton
The following night he was mistaken for a drunken intruder when he was discovered stumbling around the basement of his guest house by secret service agents.
The drunken behaviour of Yeltsin, who was known for his fondness for vodka and died two years ago aged 76, were revealed by former US president Bill Clinton.
comments powered by Disqus
Vernon Clayson - 9/23/2009
An obvious question is whether Ted Kennedy was involved, perhaps egging the old Russian on. Can you imagine the stink this would cause if George Bush had made this stupid revelation and where's the stink one expects when secret service agents divulge such information? This might be the silliest article ever published on HNN.
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- Here’s Why The 2016 Republican Presidential Primary Could Make History
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?