Our new baby is born: the relaunched BBC History Magazine websiteBreaking News
"Hope you like what you see. It's been substantially updated and improved, I hope, from our last site, which frankly deserved to be consigned to history some time ago. What are the plans for this site? Well, there are a few. We'll be putting up some content from the magazine itself, including certain features, book reviews, and our historic visits. You'll find much more of this in the magazine of course, which this month is a Second World War special. Hopefully you'll be tempted to pick up a copy if you haven't done so already.
"We'll also be running Web exclusive content, such as our blogs and opinions, from the likes of Dan Snow, Tracy Borman, Julian Humphrys and others. You might be inspired to offer your thoughts on these on our forum or in the comments section at the foot of each piece.
"You'll also still find our weekly round-up of what's good to watch and listen on TV and radio in the UK for anyone interested in history. We'll send round the newsletter on a Thursday afternoon or Friday morning to remind you that the new listings are up. ...
"We're also starting a weekly historical quiz which we'll put out to challenge you every Friday.
"We're still producing our twice-monthly podcasts which you can download for free and listen to top-name historians talking about all manner of history.
"If there's anything else you'd like to see on the site, you can of course air your views on the forum, and you are of course welcome to talk about anything else that takes your fancy there too."
comments powered by Disqus
Angelina R Co - 8/28/2009
Congratulations! Our selection committee compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 history Blogs, and yours was included! Check it out at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/history
You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award Badge at http://thedailyreviewer.com/blog/9334
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans