Visitors invited to city cemetery (Ireland)Breaking News
The city council has organised a visitors' day this Sunday between 1000 BST and 1500 BST.
Staff will be on hand to do genealogical searches to help those who do not know where their family members are buried.
Sinn Fein Councillor Tom Hartley who has helped organise the day said: "It is a wonderful opportunity for people to visit the cemetery and attend to family graves or those of friends.
"Belfast City Cemetery is an important site holding the graves of major historical figures and people can also find out about these but the main thrust is to allow families to attend family graves."
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"