Visitors invited to city cemetery (Ireland)
The city council has organised a visitors' day this Sunday between 1000 BST and 1500 BST.
Staff will be on hand to do genealogical searches to help those who do not know where their family members are buried.
Sinn Fein Councillor Tom Hartley who has helped organise the day said: "It is a wonderful opportunity for people to visit the cemetery and attend to family graves or those of friends.
"Belfast City Cemetery is an important site holding the graves of major historical figures and people can also find out about these but the main thrust is to allow families to attend family graves."
comments powered by Disqus
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize