Visitors invited to city cemetery (Ireland)Breaking News
The city council has organised a visitors' day this Sunday between 1000 BST and 1500 BST.
Staff will be on hand to do genealogical searches to help those who do not know where their family members are buried.
Sinn Fein Councillor Tom Hartley who has helped organise the day said: "It is a wonderful opportunity for people to visit the cemetery and attend to family graves or those of friends.
"Belfast City Cemetery is an important site holding the graves of major historical figures and people can also find out about these but the main thrust is to allow families to attend family graves."
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar