Visitors invited to city cemetery (Ireland)Breaking News
The city council has organised a visitors' day this Sunday between 1000 BST and 1500 BST.
Staff will be on hand to do genealogical searches to help those who do not know where their family members are buried.
Sinn Fein Councillor Tom Hartley who has helped organise the day said: "It is a wonderful opportunity for people to visit the cemetery and attend to family graves or those of friends.
"Belfast City Cemetery is an important site holding the graves of major historical figures and people can also find out about these but the main thrust is to allow families to attend family graves."
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian