Funeral of PoW Auschwitz survivorBreaking News
Charlie Evans, 90, of Presteigne, Powys, was a private in 1st Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers when wounded and captured at Dunkirk in 1940.
His captors later transferred him to the Nazi concentration camp.
Mr Evans, who died in hospital in Knighton, was honoured by his former regiment last year, with the presentation of a bugle and plaque.
He was a member of the British Expeditionary Force sent to France to try to hold back the German advance.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103