Originally published 03/30/2017
A fight over originalism.
Originally published 03/22/2017
That’s what this historian thinks.
Originally published 03/21/2017
How should the courts use history?
Originally published 03/20/2017
Akhil Reed Amar
He's an originalist. So are (surprise!) a lot of liberals.
Originally published 03/07/2017
The stable original intent we can most likely take from them is that we all must be keenly alive to our duty to be thoughtful, compassionate citizens.
Originally published 02/23/2016
It wasn’t Robert Bork or Antonin Scalia.
Originally published 01/29/2013
"The key issues I want to address in this article are the constitutional principles Mr. LaPierre is so intent on defending."
Originally published 05/26/2010
An index of our coverage.
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority