Originally published 03/30/2017
A fight over originalism.
Originally published 03/22/2017
That’s what this historian thinks.
Originally published 03/21/2017
How should the courts use history?
Originally published 03/20/2017
Akhil Reed Amar
He's an originalist. So are (surprise!) a lot of liberals.
Originally published 03/07/2017
The stable original intent we can most likely take from them is that we all must be keenly alive to our duty to be thoughtful, compassionate citizens.
Originally published 02/23/2016
It wasn’t Robert Bork or Antonin Scalia.
Originally published 01/29/2013
"The key issues I want to address in this article are the constitutional principles Mr. LaPierre is so intent on defending."
Originally published 05/26/2010
An index of our coverage.
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues