Originally published 07/17/2015
The historian behind the BBC’s new documentary — Britain’s Forgotten Slave Owners — tells The Voice why unearthing these stories is so important
"The idea that slavery is over-exposed is a myth," says David Olusoga.
Originally published 04/28/2015
Dreamed of for decades by African-American leader Ernie Broadnax, finally turned into reality over the past two years by director Phil Broxham with the help of the Elgin History Museum, the documentary has finally debuted.
Originally published 01/29/2015
‘Night Will Fall’ Examines the Making of a 1945 Holocaust Documentary
Originally published 01/23/2015
The project is now indefinitely shelved, partly because Mr. Clinton insisted on more control over the interview questions and final version than Mr. Scorsese was willing to give.
Originally published 10/28/2014
It ushered in age of negative campaign ads, highlighted by “Daisy” spot.
- Jeff Sessions: DOJ Not Like The Nazis Because They Were Trying To Keep ‘Jews From Leaving’
- Trump’s Getting Us Ready to Fight a Nuclear War
- Monticello Is Done Avoiding Jefferson’s Relationship With Sally Hemings
- Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
- Trump-Kim Deal Promises Answers for Families of Korean War M.I.A.s
- Stanley Fish says historians are deluded in thinking their training gives them special insights in politics that should be passed on to students (and others)
- Guest historian this week: Paul Krugman, the economist!
- US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying
- Wiliam Reese, Leading Seller of Rare Books, Is Dead at 62