Originally published 11/18/2016
William J. Mann
The shocking story of how TR and FDR covered up affairs and blackballed members of their family in the service of their political ambitions.
Originally published 10/05/2016
"The biggest mistake is to think too small. This is Theodore Roosevelt after all, not Millard Fillmore."
Originally published 08/27/2016
Just who exactly? Teddy Roosevelt.
Originally published 04/05/2016
Teddy Roosevelt was the Republican insurgent of his time, and his third party turned out to be a footnote.
Originally published 02/01/2016
In 1912, the popular third-party candidate stressed "the right of the people to rule" in the first election to truly test the primary system.
Originally published 12/04/2014
Mary Jo Binker and Brigid O'Farrell
Ken Burns was right to include ER in his portrait of the Roosevelts. He just didn’t do her justice.
Originally published 07/23/2014
Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
"I was fascinated by the story and fascinated about what it can teach us about politics today."
Originally published 10/22/2013
Russell Shorto's engaging history of Amsterdam hits all the highlights.
Originally published 11/12/2015
There's No There There
The powerlessness of nuclear powers to fight one another and win, let alone survive, is more evident than ever.
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- Only One Man Was Found Guilty for His Role in the My Lai Massacre
- Indian Children’s Book Lists Hitler as Leader ‘Who Will Inspire You’
- Who Owns the Vikings?
- Documents show that U.S. officials led Russian President Boris Yeltsin to believe in 1993 that NATO wasn't expanding
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89