by Declan Cronin and Catherine L. Thompson
The Confederates marched on Gettysburg on account of their need for … shoes.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
The two-story house was built in 1834 and at the time of the battle was occupied on one side by Mrs. Mary Thompson, know locally as the Widow Thompson.
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism