SOURCE: National Security Archive
Presidents from Reagan to Obama ultimately recognized the importance of science and high-level international cooperation in addressing climate change
Contrary to the popular impression documents show that Republican presidents have pushed for the US to be an environmental leader.
by Harini Nagendra
It was during the colonial and post-colonial period when the people of India’s relationship with nature changed (for the worse).
SOURCE: The Daily Californian
Merchant, along with various other female academics, is responsible for integrating two concepts — environmentalism and feminism — into a study known as ecofeminism.
An interview with Felipe Fernandez-Armesto on the perspective historians offer.
by Ronald L. Feinman
Case in point: His attempt to roll back national monuments created by Barack Obama.
by Jan Kunnas
But we can make a good Anthropocene as well.
SOURCE: Moyers & Company
by Bill Moyers
In this exclusive web essay, Bill Moyers takes on President Trump’s choice to lead the Environmental Protection Agency: Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt.
by Walter G. Moss
Vote for Trump if you want the planet to keep burning up.
by Ira Chernus
Our religious myths have prepared us for that cosmic spark that will obliterate all life in an instant. It's not so easy to envision that process taking decades.
- The Surprisingly Complex Link Between Prohibition and Women’s Rights
- Snopes: Did Clifford Walker Say at a 1924 KKK Rally That He Would Build a ‘Wall of Steel’ Against Immigrants?
- Race and Service in the Pacific During World War II
- Judge Overturns Alabama Law Preventing Removal of Confederate Monuments
- Beyond Rosa Luxemburg: five more women of the German revolution you need to know about
- Was Eric Hobsbawm a dangerous Communist?
- Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Like in American History? Historians Weigh In
- Jessica Wilkerson: If We Forget Appalachia's Radical History, We Will Misunderstand Its Future
- Stanford Professor Emeritus Harold Kahn, who specialized in Chinese history, dead at 88
- A Lost Piece of Trans History