Originally published 03/29/2018
The better comparison is Prohibition — and we all know how that turned out.
Originally published 03/13/2018
West Virginia teachers won by striking. There’s a lesson in that.
Originally published 03/06/2018
History is full of movements led by students — albeit usually in college, not high school. Some were successful and others brutally crushed, but even the latter still resonate.
Originally published 12/13/2013
SDS's *other* landmark statement is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary.
Originally published 11/04/2013
Shedding a light on the radical reality of politics in the '70s and '80s.
Originally published 10/22/2016
Stone Age Brain
This election is helping answer this age-old question.
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad