SOURCE: New York Times
What We Believe About History
by Kristin Kobes Du Mez
"Understanding that beliefs have a history does not preclude a commitment to truths outside of history. But it does prompt believers to consider how historical forces and cultural allegiances may have shaped their own deeply held convictions."
How Billy Graham Weaponized White Evangelical Christian Power In America
by Anthea Butler
Although the Reverend Billy Graham projected an image of religious revival divorced from politics, he encouraged an evangelical sense of fear that has been manipulated by right-wing politicians for decades.
SOURCE: Washington Post
How Franklin Graham betrayed his father’s legacy
by Nancy Beck Young
Instead of treating issues of sexuality with compassion, Graham has weaponized them.
Billy Graham’s Christian Right?
by Daniel K. Williams
Was Graham responsible for the American evangelical alliance with the Republican Party or did he offer a different political model?
SOURCE: The Guardian
Billy Graham was on the wrong side of history
by Matthew Avery Sutton
Racial tensions are rising, the earth is warming, and evangelicals are doing little to help. That may be Graham’s most significant, and saddest, legacy.
The Original Billy Graham
by Jack Kelly
His name? Charles Grandison Finney.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
"I Loved 'Em All."
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of