Originally published 09/13/2017
In class this historian is helping students grapple with the difference between history and nostalgia, and the way Trump’s campaign used the past as a tool to win supporters in the present.
Originally published 07/19/2017
What the Trump Presidency Reveals About American Christianity and Evangelicalism: An Interview with John Fea
An interview with historian John Fea.
Originally published 03/20/2017
In a series of posts Fea took note of the superlative programs the NEH and NEA have funded.
Originally published 02/02/2017
Barton claims the Declaration of Independence is based on Bible verses.
Originally published 02/05/2013
Anyone familiar with the small but vibrant community of digital historians knows the name Jeff McLurken. He is the chair of the History and American Studies Department at Mary Washington University in Fredericksburg, VA and an example for all historians interested in embracing the digital age. The Mary Washington University website is running a profile of McClurken that is worth a look. Here is a taste: His creative and tech-savvy charges have a say in everything from the syllabus to assignments and provide insight on the new and innovative courses taught by the associate professor and chair in the Department of History and American Studies. McClurken, an expert in Civil War history and a sought-after presenter on digital learning, says the experience is just as beneficial for him as it is for the students.
- It’s the 50th anniversary of the day Trump left college and (briefly) faced the draft
- Hitler Did Not Escape to the Moon or Argentina, He’s Still Dead, Study Concludes
- Former New Orleans mayor presented with JFK award for removing Confederate statues
- Which is the greatest 'witch hunt' in US political history?
- A Fake Site Posted an Apology for the Mormon Church’s History of Racism
- Yuval Noah Harari: Brexit will not halt drive to 'human unification'
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’
- Howard M. Sachar, GWU scholar and ‘trailblazer’ of Jewish history, dies at 90