Originally published 11/03/2016
Ever since Nixon and Kissinger undermined the Vietnam peace talks to win that election, politicians have used militarism abroad to defeat domestic opponents.
Originally published 10/31/2016
Although the term "October surprise" didn't come into vogue until the late 20th century, they've been a political reality since the 1800s.
Originally published 10/06/2016
Think Trump’s tax return is shocking? It's just the latest in a long history of election-upending last-minute revelations.
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism