Considering the Automobile's Influence on Society—Before the Next Influence Takes Over?News at Home
tags: technology, cars, automobiles
Bryan Appleyard has been Feature Writer of the Year three times at the British Press Awards. In 2019, he was appointed Commander of the British Empire for services to the arts and journalism. He is the author of The Car: The Rise and Fall of the Machine that Made the Modern World (September 6, 2022).
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Family and Kansas History Converge at Nicodemus Reunion
- Law is Unclear Whether Public College Faculty Have Free Speech Rights in Classroom
- Recovering the Story of the Black Men who were the Nation's First Paramedics
- U of Idaho Advises Faculty of Legal Jeopardy for Discussing Abortion in Classrooms
- The Long Shadow of Pinochet Over Chile's Constitutional Referendum
- Misha Matsumoto Yee is Gilder Lehrman's History Teacher of the Year
- Aaron Burr: The Highest Ranking US Official to be Charged with Treason – So Far?
- When Italian Immigrants were Tricked into Debt Peonage in the Jim Crow South
- Joshua Tait: Will Thiel-Backed Extremists Torpedo GOP Senate Hopes?
- Marcus Weaver-Hightower on the Politics of School Lunch