One American Family's Debt to UkrainiansBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Jewish history, Ukraine
As Putin invaded Ukraine last month, the Atlantic writer Franklin Foer found the Russian leader’s justification for violence uncanny. Putin referred to the “Nazification” of Ukraine—a distortion of history at best. But Franklin was told a similar story his whole life from his grandmother. This week, we bring you a story from The Experiment, a podcast from WNYC Studios and the Atlantic, about the Holocaust survivor Ethel Kaplan, and how Foer once came to believe Putin’s myth, and his journey to Ukraine to debunk it.
This is a segment from our March 25th, program, All the World’s a Stage.
comments powered by Disqus
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity