Revisiting Portland a Year after the RiotingHistorians in the News
tags: far right, riots, Portland, antifa, Proud Boys, Civil Disorders
One year later, what's changed in Portland?
"I just see that we're doing a dance, but things aren't really changing," activist Mic Crenshaw says.
"Now it's COVID relaxation and everybody acts like 'let's go back to normal,' " activist Demetria Hester says, "No! Nobody wants to go back to normal."
"Without that pressure, how do you get politicians to act with the urgency that the community has demanded?" history professor Elliot Young says.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Cultural Workers Go On Strike
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?