Rashid Khalidi on Palestinian History: From The Ottoman Empire to Settler ColonialismHistorians in the News
tags: colonialism, Palestine, Rashid Khalidi, Ottoman Empire, Middle East history
Guest: Rashid Khalidi is the Edward Said Professor of Modern Arab Studies at Columbia University in New York and editor of the Journal of Palestine Studies. He is the author of several books including, Palestinian Identity, Brokers of Deceit, and The Iron Cage, and his latest, The Hundred Year’s War on Palestine: A History of Settler Colonialism and Resistance, 1917–2017.
(visit linked page to listen or download podcast audio)
comments powered by Disqus
- What Happens When SCOTUS is This Unpopular?
- Eve Babitz's Archive Reveals the Person Behind the Persona
- Making a Uranium Ghost Town
- Choosing History—A Rejoinder to William Baude on The Use of History at SCOTUS
- Alexandria, VA Freedom House Museum Reopens, Making Key Site of Slave Trade a Center for Black History
- Primary Source: Winning World War 1 By Fighting Waste at the Grocery Counter
- The Presidential Records Act Explains How the FBI Knew What to Search For at Mar-a-Lago
- Theocracy Now! The Forgotten Influence of L. Brent Bozell on the Right
- Janice Longone, Chronicler of American Food Traditions
- Revisiting Lady Rochford and Her Alleged Betrayal of Anne Boleyn