'The Historical Record Is Affirmed': Armenian Reaction To Biden Recognition Of Armenian GenocideHistorians in the News
tags: Turkey, human rights, Armenian genocide, Ottoman Empire, Joe Biden
President Biden is the first sitting U.S. president in decades to formally call the mass slaughter of Armenians at the hands of Ottoman Turks more than a century ago a "genocide."
We get perspective from Ara Sanjian, an associate professor of history at the University of Michigan-Dearborn and the director of the university's Armenian Research Center.
This segment aired on April 26, 2021.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Complicated History of Abortion and Abortion Law in the United States
- Discovery of Earliest Known Record of Mayan Calendar
- Buffalo Shooting Centuries in Making, Say Historians of Slavery and Reconstruction
- Isaac Chotiner Interviews Kathleen Belew on White Power and the Buffalo Mass Shooting
- What if Mental Illness Isn't All In Your Head?