Working for a Living: The Depiction of Asian American Women in Film & TheaterHistorians in the News
tags: film, popular culture, womens history, Asian American History
Guest: Celine Parreñas Shimizu, Professor and Director of the School of Cinema at San Francisco State University. Her work focuses on race and sexuality in global popular culture. In 2007 she published the book The Hypersexuality of Race and last year she released her book The Proximity of Other Skins.
comments powered by Disqus
- How to Make Jim Jordan Talk about January 6? Ask Jefferson Davis
- The Void That Critical Race Theory Was Created to Fill
- 95% of Capitol Sculptures Depict Men. Will That Change Soon?
- Southern Children Need to Hear the Truth about History
- Is a Group of New Deal Descendants Influencing the Biden Administration?