Biden's German Shepherd Major Set to be the First Shelter Rescue Dog in White HouseBreaking News
tags: Joe Biden, dogs, 2020 Election
President-elect Joe Biden’s pooch, Major, is set to become the first shelter rescue dog in the White House when the former vice president assumes office next year.
The president-elect and his wife, Jill Biden, adopted the German shepherd from the Delaware Humane Association two years ago.
The organization said at the time that the Bidens got to know the pup while fostering him before deciding to “make the adoption official.”
According to NBC News, Major will be the first shelter rescue dog to serve as the nation’s “first dog.” Major will share the title with the Biden family’s other pooch, Champ, which is also a German shepherd.
According to The Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library, former President Lyndon Johnson’s pup Yuki was also a rescue that his daughter, Luci Nugent, found at a Texas gas station.
Next year will mark the first time the country's first family will have a first dog in four years. Former President Obama had two pups, Bo and Sunny.
President Trump was the first president in 100 years to not have a dog, according to The Washington Post.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of