How fast food changed historian Marcia Chatelain's thinking about capitalism and raceHistorians in the News
tags: historians, food, capitalism, food history, Race
Marcia Chatelain studies the relationship between fast food and race in America. In the latest episode of Changed My Mind, we dive deep into how that study has led this award-winning scholar and author to change her mind about the capitalist American dream she grew up with.
We also delve into the times Marcia's students – she is an associate professor of history and African American studies at Georgetown University, Washington DC – have made her sit back and think.
comments powered by Disqus
- Washington History Seminar 10/2: Gambling with Armageddon: Nuclear Roulette from Hiroshima to the Cuban Missile Crisis, 1945-1962
- Smithsonian Taps N.Y. Cultural Director To Lead African American Museum
- Unredacted FBI Document Sheds New Light on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
- America Is About to Enter its Years of Lead
- The forgotten alliance between Black activists and China