New Poll Finds that Canadians Don’t Know About the Women Who Shaped their HistoryBreaking News
tags: Canada, womens history
As part of women’s history month, Historica Canada published an article which states that approximately 55 per cent of Canadians are uninformed about the accomplishments of Canadian women.
Of the roughly 1,000 Canadians aged 18 or over who were surveyed, many were unable to pass a test about the role of women in Canadian politics, arts, culture, and military history. A majority of both men and women failed the 12-question true-or-false quiz, and only three per cent received an “A” grade.
Eryk Martin, an instructor in Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s department of history, is disappointed but unsurprised by these results.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Pete Buttigieg may be reviving progressive ideals of the Social Gospel Movement
- Medal of Honor review sought for minority World War I heroes
- Russia isn’t the first country to protest Western control over global telecommunications
- Redactions: The Declassified File
- Abraham Lincoln, Joe Biden and the politics of touch