Poll: Nearly a third of Americans say news media is the enemy of the peopleBreaking News
tags: media, Trump, enemy of the people
Almost one-third of Americans polled, 29 percent, said in a new survey that they agree that “the news media is the enemy of the ... people.”
Twelve percent of Democrats polled, and 26 percent of independents, said they held that opinion in the Ipsos poll released Tuesday, as did 48 percent of Republicans surveyed, which constituted a plurality for that party.
President Trump first used the characterization for the news media in a tweet less than a month into his term, proclaiming that various media outlets are “not my enemy," but the "enemy of the American People!”
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?