Trump uses IG report to spread 'deep state' conspiracyRoundup
tags: conspiracy, Trump, deep state
"War of the Two Narratives" may not be the next "Avengers: Infinity War," but it is what the titanic struggle consuming a lot of Washington's attention should be called.
On one side are the courts and prosecutors -- the people who jailed former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort on Friday -- who are investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election, who are pursuing former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen and are raising new questions about the practices of the Trump Foundation.
On the other side is President Donald Trump, who is distorting the findings of Inspector General Michael Horowitz's investigation into the FBI's handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe.
It's a determined effort to discredit those who are investigating him. The new report adds fuel to Trump's attacks on the intelligence community and will be used to play into the stories about a "deep state" out to get him.
Abetting him are supporters such as Rudy Giuliani, who demanded the suspension of special counsel Robert Mueller and the jailing of FBI agent Peter Strzok. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama