Hitler Did Not Escape to the Moon or Argentina, He’s Still Dead, Study ConcludesBreaking News
According to the official histories, Adolf Hitler took his own life in a bunker deep below Berlin as his precious empire crumbled above him. Hitler’s body, or what was left of it, was never presented by the Allies. As such, many conspiracy theorists believe the dictator was able to slip through the tightening Soviet noose and disappear.
A new study, however, has dashed all the conspiracy theories, whether mundane or bizarre. After studying teeth recovered from a shell hole outside the Führerbunker, scientists have concluded that one of history's most reviled figures did in fact meet his end amid the ruins of the Third Reich, AFP reports.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump administration says joint UNC, Duke Middle East Studies program portrays Islam too positively
- What White Kids Learn About Race in School
- Frederick Douglass photos smashed stereotypes. Could Elizabeth Warren selfies do the same?
- Chronicling New York’s Muslim History
- New Documents Illuminate The University of Texas’s Secret Strategy to Keep Out Black Students
- Women Scientists Were Written Out of History. It’s Margaret Rossiter’s Lifelong Mission to Fix That
- Allen C. Guelzo Reviews Sidney Blumenthal's Latest Installment of His Biography of Lincoln
- What Reconstruction-Era Laws Can Teach Our Democracy: The NY Times Reviews Eric Foner's Latest Book
- Should historians read their own book?
- Cokie Roberts, Pioneering Journalist Who Helped Shape NPR, Dies At 75