Condo built on Charleston's last slave trading wharf markets history — without mentioning slaveryBreaking News
tags: slavery, Charleston
Charleston's newest condominium development, The Gadsden, drips with references to history.
It's named for one of the city's most prominent 18th century residents, Christopher Gadsden, and it's being built on top of the wharf he built.
Its marketing materials even tout the wharf's size — the "largest built by one man in America."
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?