Connecticut historian ridicules Trump with Halloween display of a pirate shipHistorians in the News
tags: Halloween, Trump, Matt Warshauer, Central Connecticut State University
An intricate anti-Trump Halloween pirate ship display featuring the President as a "mad king" forcing immigrant children off a plank is making waves on the Internet. (iStock)
An intricate anti-Trump Halloween pirate ship display featuring the president as a "mad king" forcing immigrant children off a plank is making waves on the Internet.
"The Trumpian Ship of State," a pirate ship captained by a fire-breathing Trump, was created by West Hartford resident Matt Warshauer, a history professor at Central Connecticut State University and a Halloween enthusiast.
Warshauer told Fox 61 that the exhibit is there to display the "pillaging" being done to the U.S. by the Trump administration.
"The day after the election last year I thought, the American ship of state has gone horribly off course," Warshauer said. "I'm more fearful and disheartened for the future of this country than I've ever been in my life, and I've been studying political history for a long time." ...
comments powered by Disqus
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa