Poland ‘ready’ to demand WWII reparations from GermanyBreaking News
tags: Germany, Poland, WWII, reparations
Poland’s rightwing premier Thursday said she believed her country had the right to demand World War II reparations from Germany but added that her government was still mulling its official position.
“The position of the Polish government on war reparations will be officially expressed when a political decision is taken,” Prime Minister Beata Szydlo told the commercial radio station RMF FM .
“In my opinion, Poland has the right to this (reparations) and the Polish state has the right to ask for them,” Szydlo said.
“We are ready to go ahead with this procedure,” she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Lost in Battle, Found by Amateur Sleuths: An ‘Unknown’ Marine
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad