Poland ‘ready’ to demand WWII reparations from GermanyBreaking News
tags: Germany, Poland, WWII, reparations
Poland’s rightwing premier Thursday said she believed her country had the right to demand World War II reparations from Germany but added that her government was still mulling its official position.
“The position of the Polish government on war reparations will be officially expressed when a political decision is taken,” Prime Minister Beata Szydlo told the commercial radio station RMF FM .
“In my opinion, Poland has the right to this (reparations) and the Polish state has the right to ask for them,” Szydlo said.
“We are ready to go ahead with this procedure,” she said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama