Princeton U. Professor Cancels Lectures After Fox News Labels Her as Anti-TrumpHistorians in the News
tags: Princeton, Fox News, Anti Trump
Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, an assistant professor of African-American studies at Princeton University, canceled all her public lectures this week following an onslaught of email threats after a commencement address she gave was posted by Fox News.
In May, Ms. Taylor spoke at Hampshire College’s commencement with remarks that Fox News labeled an “anti-POTUS tirade” on its website, and soon after Ms. Taylor’s email was flooded with racist, sexist, and violent comments, she wrote in a statement.
“I have been threatened with lynching and having the bullet from a .44 Magnum put in my head,” Ms. Taylor wrote about the emails she had received.
Her scheduled appearances at Seattle’s Town Hall and at the University of California at San Diego were canceled because of concerns about the safety of Ms. Taylor and her family.
“The cancellation of my speaking events is a concession to the violent intimidation that was, in my opinion, provoked by Fox News,” Ms. Taylor wrote in her statement. “But I am releasing this statement to say that I will not be silent.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa