Researcher: Henry Kissinger Conspired Against CarterBreaking News
tags: Putin, election 2016, Henry Kissinger, Jimmy Carter, Trump
Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who has counseled numerous American presidents and statesmen since he left government in early 1977, is back in the halls of power once again. Since the election, he’s positioned himself close to Donald Trump, advising the president-elect on key appointments and praising him in public. And Kissinger, who has maintained close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, is now positioning himself as an intermediary between the Kremlin and the incoming Trump administration.
But previously undisclosed documents that I discovered while poring through the archives at Stanford’s Hoover Institution should give us serious pause about Kissinger’s resurgence. The storied former diplomat is not above using his considerable foreign policy credibility to further his private objectives, even to the detriment of the U.S. national interest. Indeed, on at least one occasion since he left public office, Kissinger used his influence with foreign leaders—in this case, the Pinochet regime in Chile—to undermine his domestic political opponents, including a sitting president of the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein