Museum of Election Losers Prepares to Honor Either Donald Trump or Hillary ClintonBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, election 2016, Trump, Museum of Election Losers
A small museum in northwest Kansas that has paid homage to the losers of U.S. presidential elections for more than a half-century is readying a place on its wall for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.
Every four years, the obscure “They Also Ran” gallery in Norton, Kan., adds a new face to its collection of White House wannabes—not to mock their shortcomings but to honor their spirit.
“No one likes the guy who comes in second place, but we’re proud of the people who tried,” said Lee Ann Shearer, the exhibit’s longtime curator. “We’re not dissing you because you didn’t make president. It takes a lot of guts. You almost achieved the highest office in the country and imagine the feeling of defeat when you don’t get it.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism