Museum of Election Losers Prepares to Honor Either Donald Trump or Hillary ClintonBreaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, election 2016, Trump, Museum of Election Losers
A small museum in northwest Kansas that has paid homage to the losers of U.S. presidential elections for more than a half-century is readying a place on its wall for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.
Every four years, the obscure “They Also Ran” gallery in Norton, Kan., adds a new face to its collection of White House wannabes—not to mock their shortcomings but to honor their spirit.
“No one likes the guy who comes in second place, but we’re proud of the people who tried,” said Lee Ann Shearer, the exhibit’s longtime curator. “We’re not dissing you because you didn’t make president. It takes a lot of guts. You almost achieved the highest office in the country and imagine the feeling of defeat when you don’t get it.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Young Jews Are Rebelling on Israeli Heritage Trips
- City Releases Trove of Documents in Central Park Jogger Case
- Kavanaugh: Watergate tapes decision may have been wrong
- Facebook Puts Holocaust Denial Groups in Top Search Results
- Remains of Black People Forced Into Labor After Slavery Are Discovered in Texas
- Max Boot: This conservative would take Obama back in a nanosecond
- Historian Nathan Hatch is the Highest Paid College President in the U.S.
- Historian (and Jeopardy winner) gets probation for breaking into emails
- Miller Center historian upset with Miller Center decision to hire Trump official Marc Short
- Historians are getting fed-up with trolls on Twitter