At a Donald Trump Rally, a Confederate Flag Goes Up, and Quickly Comes DownBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Confederate flag, Trump
About an hour before Donald J. Trump was set to address a large crowd here on Thursday, Brandon Partin, a Trump supporter, draped a Confederate flag over the front rail just to the right of the stage.
But the flag didn’t remain up for long. As Sharon Day, a co-chairman of the Republican National Committee, delivered her introductory remarks, a campaign staff member and the local police moved to remove the flag.
Three police officers stood on the floor tugging gently at the flag, indicating that it had to come down. Mr. Partin, 27, grew irritated that he had to remove it. He had just purchased the flag outside the event, and “Trump 2016” was printed on it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority