Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids ReadBreaking News
tags: education, Texas
Related Link Daily Beast story
A watchdog of the Texas State Board of Education says the state "escaped an education train wreck" after a retired schoolteacher who believes dinosaurs walked the Earth with humans lost her runoff election.
Mary Lou Bruner's defeat Tuesday night delighted the left-leaning Texas Freedom Network. The organization said in a statement that the 69-year-old Bruner would have been "the most embarrassingly uninformed" member on the state's powerful education board.
Bruner has claimed in old Facebook posts that President Barack Obama was a gay prostitute and suggested that Democrats assassinated John F. Kennedy.
comments powered by Disqus
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues