The Immortal Myth of Hitler’s Deformed GenitalsBreaking News
For decades academics and historians have pondered how and why Adolf Hitler became history’s biggest monster. But another narrative about the German leader has been around for almost as long: The myth of his disfigured genitalia.
On Monday, that claim resurfaced when news outlets around the world reported the German dictator had a micropenis, citing old research made by two historians in the book, Hitler’s Last Day: Minute by Minute, which was published in the middle of 2015.
“Hitler himself is believed to have had two forms of genital abnormality: an undescended testicle and a rare condition called penile hypospadias in which the urethra opens on the under side of the penis” writes Jonathan Mayo and Emma Craigie in Hitler’s Last Day. But, when interviewed by the Independent, Craigie said that it was a “leap” to suggest the Führer had a micropenis because he suffered from hypospadias.
comments powered by Disqus
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- Only One Man Was Found Guilty for His Role in the My Lai Massacre
- Indian Children’s Book Lists Hitler as Leader ‘Who Will Inspire You’
- Who Owns the Vikings?
- Documents show that U.S. officials led Russian President Boris Yeltsin to believe in 1993 that NATO wasn't expanding
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89