Ben Carson flunks middle school historyBreaking News
tags: election 2016, Ben Carson
If only Anne Frank had a gun. Then, according to the logic of Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, she would have been able to better fight against the Nazis.
Carson has come under criticism for this astonishing statement in his new book, “A More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to Reclaim Our Constitutional Liberties.” On CNN recently, host Wolf Blitzer read this excerpt:
“German citizens were disarmed by their government in the late 1930s and by the late 1940s Hitler’s regime had mercilessly slaughtered 6 million Jews and numerous others whom they considered inferior. Through a combination of removing guns and disseminating deceitful propaganda, the Nazis were able to carry out their evil intentions with relatively little resistance.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel