Matthew Whitaker, Arizona State professor accused of plagiarism, placed on leaveHistorians in the News
tags: plagiarism, Matthew Whitaker
ASU officials confirmed Thursday that Dr. Matthew Whitaker had been relieved of all duties.
ASU spokesman Mark Johnson said the school was reviewing allegations that Whitaker’s “conduct has fallen short of the university’s expectations for a faculty member and a scholar.”
Whitaker terminated his consulting company’s contract in July to train Phoenix police in cultural and community awareness.
Phoenix officials said many of the training slides Whitaker used were lifted from the Chicago Police Department, which offers them free.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s
- When the CIA Infiltrated a Presidential Campaign
- How the Mueller Investigation Could Play Out for Trump
- Heather Cox Richardson says the crisis of the Trump administration has begun
- Historian: Native Americans deserve to be remembered as Southerners, too
- We’re whitewashing the history of our founding, says Leslie Harris
- Historians Debate Which President Leonardo DiCaprio Should Play
- Chapel Hill’s Jay M. Smith says school administrators are scared of academic freedom