Texas rises in History channel miniseriesBreaking News
tags: Texas, History channel
Texas history is often compressed into in a three-word phrase even non-Texans know.
"Remember the Alamo!"
After an agonizing 13-day siege, the multicultural army fighting for an independent Texas lost the Alamo to Mexico on March 6, 1836. It was up to Gen. Sam Houston to defeat the powerful Gen. Antonio López de Santa Anna and his vast army.
comments powered by Disqus
- Poland puts Berlin's WWII bill at 440 billion euros
- The five Sullivan brothers, serving together, were killed in World War II. Their ship was just found.
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism