Florida professor to burn Confederate flagBreaking News
tags: Confederate flag
● Video of the event staged by Julian Chambliss
A college professor plans to burn a Confederate flag on Memorial Day as a way to let go of a part of history, according to a report from WKMG.
"That part of our history needs to be buried," said Julian Chambliss, chair of the Department of History and coordinator of the Africa & African-American Studies program at Rollins College.
The action will take place in the the Greenwood Urban Wetlands, along with other locations in the area.
comments powered by Disqus
- Only One Man Was Found Guilty for His Role in the My Lai Massacre
- Indian Children’s Book Lists Hitler as Leader ‘Who Will Inspire You’
- Who Owns the Vikings?
- Documents show that U.S. officials led Russian President Boris Yeltsin to believe in 1993 that NATO wasn't expanding
- ‘I’m fascinated by Mussolini’
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”