A political sibling is once again grabbing the spotlight (and not in a good way)Breaking News
tags: Hillary Clinton, Tony Rodham
Richard Nixon was so worried about his younger brother Donald’s willingness to trade the family name for business favors that early in his presidency he had the Secret Service put a tail on him and tap his phone.
Lyndon Johnson’s brother Sam Houston Johnson was such a falling-down-drunk that he spent a whole year of Johnson’s Senate career in a body cast from armpit to heel after breaking his leg in his own dining room.
And Jimmy Carter’s brother Billy became a national embarrassment when he registered as a foreign agent of the Libyan government and received a $220,000 loan during his brother’s White House years.
The latest imbroglio involving Hillary Clinton’s brother Tony Rodham—a Department of Homeland Security watchdog report last week detailed his efforts to press the federal agency for visa approvals while his sister was secretary of state—is proof that when it comes to political embarrassment, we not only all have our mothers, but our brothers and sisters, too.
comments powered by Disqus
- Colombia's former president linked to Medellín drug cartel
- At Quaker library, a grim find: Native American remains in display case
- The spirit of 1968: global perspectives on the student revolution
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- Historian William Polk is alarmed at the latest plan to stabilize Afghanistan
- On Becoming An American Jewish Historian
- Law professor has a theory about the 2nd Amendment historians might want to consider
- Number of history majors is up at community colleges
- Archaeologists are rewriting the history of Arabia