Nixon Library -- 3 years running and still no directorBreaking News
tags: NARA, Nixon
For the last three years the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda, California, has been without a federal director. In spite of serious concerns expressed by historians, journalists, scholars and others over how that gap has allowed the partisan Nixon Foundation to reassert itself in the operation of the library and plans for renovations to museum exhibits, the National Archives has yet to name a successor to Timothy Naftali, who resigned three in 2011.
More alarming have been reports of how the foundation has interfered in the National Archives' process of hiring a new director. That interference by the Nixon Foundation has included "vetoing" a widely-respected candidate for the position.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump’s Getting Us Ready to Fight a Nuclear War
- Monticello Is Done Avoiding Jefferson’s Relationship With Sally Hemings
- Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
- Trump-Kim Deal Promises Answers for Families of Korean War M.I.A.s
- Massachusetts High School Apologizes After Nazi Quote Is Printed in Yearbook
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying
- Wiliam Reese, Leading Seller of Rare Books, Is Dead at 62
- Alisse Theodore points out that women first became politically active in the fight against Andrew Jackson’s genocidal Indian Removal campaign
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says