33.3 million viewers tuned in for 'The Roosevelts' documentary seriesHistorians in the News
tags: PBS, Ken Burns, The Roosevelts
More than 33.3 million viewers tuned in over the course of Ken Burns' seven-episode documentary The Roosevelts: An Intimate Series, PBS announced.
The history program premiered Sept. 14 and ran for seven consecutive nights. Final national ratings for the entirety of the 14-hour series were announced Wednesday.
"The Roosevelts was a national event that was shared by families from the East Coast to the West," Beth Hoppe, chief programming executive and general manager of general audience programming for PBS, said in a statement...
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s
- When the CIA Infiltrated a Presidential Campaign
- How the Mueller Investigation Could Play Out for Trump
- Heather Cox Richardson says the crisis of the Trump administration has begun
- Historian: Native Americans deserve to be remembered as Southerners, too
- We’re whitewashing the history of our founding, says Leslie Harris
- Historians Debate Which President Leonardo DiCaprio Should Play
- Chapel Hill’s Jay M. Smith says school administrators are scared of academic freedom