UD's Peter Kolchin to lead Southern Historical AssociationHistorians in the News
tags: Peter Kolchin, Southern Historical Association
9:13 a.m., Nov. 8, 2013--Peter Kolchin, the Henry Clay Reed Professor of History at the University of Delaware, has begun serving as president of the Southern Historical Association (SHA), the premier professional association for historians of the U.S. South.
Kolchin, who had been SHA vice president, assumed his new post at the association's annual meeting Nov. 2 in St. Louis....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama