UD's Peter Kolchin to lead Southern Historical AssociationHistorians in the News
tags: Peter Kolchin, Southern Historical Association
9:13 a.m., Nov. 8, 2013--Peter Kolchin, the Henry Clay Reed Professor of History at the University of Delaware, has begun serving as president of the Southern Historical Association (SHA), the premier professional association for historians of the U.S. South.
Kolchin, who had been SHA vice president, assumed his new post at the association's annual meeting Nov. 2 in St. Louis....
comments powered by Disqus
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89