Civil War topics part of D.C. history conferenceHistorians in the News
tags: conferences, meetings
The 40th Annual Historical Studies Conference, scheduled from Nov. 14 to 17, includes lectures and panel discussions of interest to Civil War enthusiasts. Extremely well planned with morning to night presentations, the conference is a true bargain at $20.
On Thursday, the first event for the “Marching on Washington” conference will be held at George Washington University where Northwestern University associate professor of history Kate Masur will speak on “Black Politics in Civil War Washington: What Spielberg’s Lincoln Didn’t Tell You.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s
- When the CIA Infiltrated a Presidential Campaign
- How the Mueller Investigation Could Play Out for Trump
- Heather Cox Richardson says the crisis of the Trump administration has begun
- Historian: Native Americans deserve to be remembered as Southerners, too
- We’re whitewashing the history of our founding, says Leslie Harris
- Historians Debate Which President Leonardo DiCaprio Should Play
- Chapel Hill’s Jay M. Smith says school administrators are scared of academic freedom