An 83-year-old woman in Pennsylvania said she had her father’s arm in the basement.
Doughboy’s artificial arm makes its way back to Kansas CityBreaking News
tags: World War I, artifacts, Liberty Memorial, doughboys
Oh yeah, Doran Cart wanted it.
It was a prosthetic limb once used by an American soldier wounded in battle during the First World War.
“We didn’t have anything like this in the collection,” said Cart, senior curator at the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial. “It’s a personal item. It shows the humanity and the remnants of war.”...
comments powered by Disqus
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency