Weary from cataclysmic world events, the U.S. electorate chose a mild-mannered candidate promising quieter times.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Long before Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels, there was President Warren G. Harding, whose sexual dalliances made history.
SOURCE: The Boston Globe
“I’d compare Trump to Andrew Jackson because of both men’s populist rhetoric and xenophobic appeals." - H.W. Brands
by Greg Bailey
Ninety-five years ago today, Warren G. Harding traveled deep into the heart of Klan country and delivered a sermon on civil rights that was decades ahead of its time.
by Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh
The dark horse from Ohio emerged from a contested convention as the nominee and then became president.
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?
- Qatar Isn't The First Regime to Polish its Image With a World Cup