by Bernard von Bothmer
How did Hitler use the Berlin Olympics to fool the world in 1936?
SOURCE: The Root
The director of the documentary Olympic Pride, American Prejudice recalls the obstacles she encountered in telling the stories of these unsung athletes.
by Rick Shenkman
Everyone knows that at the 1936 Olympics Hitler snubbed Jesse Owens. But is it true?
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism