Originally published 02/02/2016
Matthew C. Hulbert
The takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge triggered unpleasant memories of guerrilla warfare from our past.
Originally published 01/29/2016
Thomas A. Reinstein
Historically, militias were a tool of the state, not a force formed in opposition to the state.
Originally published 01/14/2016
Steven C. Beda
Back in 1941 they proclaimed themselves the State of Jefferson. Then Pearl Harbor happened.
Originally published 10/25/2013
The answer lies within the Republican Party.
Originally published 01/26/2016
Economists might applaud their tactics. If I wave the Bible and the Constitution and my gun and my cowboy hat enough, we won’t have to pay what we owe.
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?